When the mainstream media (MSM) decided to turn the self-defense action into a racial issue, the Internet’s social media participants dug deep to expose the bias and the hate coming from a false narrative “racist George Zimmerman (GZ), a white-Mexican wanna-be cop, racially profiled, stalked, confronted and killed Trayvon Martin (TM), a 17 yr old kid, on his way home from a local convenience store, with a package of Skittles(TM) and a can of iced tea, in cold blood. TM’s crime? walking while black.”
The MSM went so far as to edit the 911 tape to make GZ appear to be racist. When the full 911 audio was released, http://youtu.be/o9A-gp8mrdw we found out NBC had spliced the audio to make GZ appear to be an angry racist vigilante out for a little payback for the recent burglaries in the neighborhood. Because of that, a local story, went national and eventually international. Infamous race-baiters, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, then stepped into the fray, fueling the racial fires. The New Black Panther Party put out a bounty on GZ, Wanted: Dead or Alive.
Just how ridiculous did it get?
Typical of Eric Holder, the DoJ and the Obama administration, the full weight of the federal government was now drawing down on GZ, unjustly. Obama made it worse when he uttered the line, If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon.
When all the evidence was in, we found out Obama’s utterance could not have been closer to the truth, much to his detriment.
NBC and the rest of the MSM gang began circulating photos of TM, when he was 11 and a mugshot of GZ from 6 or 7 years ago. This is what the MSM now calls unbiased, objective journalism.
When this is what we should have seen.
The MSM played a never-ending narrative of TM being a kid with skittles and a can of iced tea. Let’s examine:
First, it wasn’t iced tea. It was Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail
Second, it was 2/3, with the Skittles, of a drug called lean or purple drank.
So, how could Trayvon Martin still be alive? Let’s just look at some of the possible events that, if different, could have spared him from risking his life with George Zimmerman.
1. TM could not have gotten suspended for the 3rd time
2. TM’s school could have held him accountable for his crimes
3. The police could have held TM accountable for his crimes instead of letting the school give him a suspension
4. TM’s mother could have disciplined her child
5. TM’s mother could have not kicked TM out of the house and sent him to stay with his father while he was suspended
6. TM could have stayed at his dad’s girlfriend’s residence and not left since he was grounded
7. TM could not have gone to the store to get 2/3 of a “lean” gangsta drug
8. TM could not have taken hours to get back from the store
9. TM could not have been walking between the complex units casing them in the rain
10. GZ could have not needed to go to the store
11. TM could have taken the actual sidewalk like everyone else did
12. TM could have stayed at his dad’s girlfriend’s home instead of returning back to confront GZ
13. TM could have not thrown the first punch and just asked GZ who he was and why he appeared to be following him
14. TM could have not gotten on top of GZ and, with MMA style fighting, grounded and pounded on GZ
15. TM could have not been a wanna-be thug, prone to violence, with a confrontational racist disposition
16. TM could have gotten to GZ’s weapon before he did
17. The witness who saw TM on top of GZ, pounding on him, would have helped GZ instead of running to call 911
There are many things that could have been slightly different and TM would still be alive and GZ would not be in fear for his life for defending himself against a vicious, unprovoked attack by a racist thug. While it is a tragedy that TM is dead, the fault lies with him, foremost, his mother, his father, his school and the police that never held him accountable for his past transgressions.
Did the system fail TM? Yes.
Did a broken home fail TM? Yes.
Did the media fail TM? Yes.
Did the black community fail TM? Yes.
Did the school system fail TM? Yes.
Did Liberal ideology fail TM? Yes.
Did TM fail TM? Yes.
All of these failures, yet GZ is the one held accountable for defending his gift of life.